We are looking for Junior Lighting Artists and new lighting graduates to join the Technicolor academy, a fully paid 12-month position with Technicolor Montreal!
Apply and send us your Lighting demo reel here: http://smrtr.io/Dh_n
Here is what we look for in a Lighting reel:
• Lighting reels must be lit and rendered with modern 3D and rendering software such as Maya, Renderman (or Arnold or V-Ray) and Nuke.
• CG elements integrated into live-action plates, with matching lighting, shadows and reflections.
• Stills are acceptable but consider adding a subtle camera pan/zoom. Including moving objects like curtains, tree branches, or moving clock can bring a shot to life.
• Examples of lighting and rendering a variety of surfaces including hard surface, organic, fur, FX, particles, volumetrics, etc.
• Breakdowns showing render passes and how they can be used in the compositing process.
• Some Technicolor studios use Katana. YOU DO NOT NEED TO KNOW KATANA.
We will teach this in the Academy. I am happy to answer any questions you have.
Get more information at technicoloracademy.com
Technicolor Academy is committed to addressing diversity, equality, and inclusion within its studios and the wider VFX industry.