„We’re delighted to announce the return of the iconic Wallace & Gromit. Nick Park is returning to his roots with a new film starring his beloved (and Oscar-winning) characters. The film will premiere exclusively on Netflix around the world except in the UK, where it will debut first on the BBC before also coming to Netflix. Nick has always wanted — indeed needed — to continue the adventures of these two characters that he knows so uniquely well.
Nick will direct alongside Aardman’s Creative Director of Wallace & Gromit, Merlin Crossingham, with Mark Burton onboard to write. Writing and storyboarding have kicked off on the as-yet-untitled film, which is set for a 2024 release.
And beyond these exciting projects, we’re also exploring how we work together on brand new characters and stories to make the classics of tomorrow. We’re excited to share where this journey takes us.“
(Untitled) Wallace & Gromit film:
- Logline: Gromit’s concern that Wallace has become over-dependant on his inventions proves justified, when Wallace invents a “smart gnome” that seems to develop a mind of its own…As events spiral out of control, it falls to Gromit to put aside his qualms and battle sinister forces – or Wallace may never be able to invent again!
- Directed by: Nick Park (Creator of Wallace & Gromit and Shaun the Sheep) and Merlin Crossingham (2nd Unit Director, Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit and Animation Director, Early Man)
- Story by: Nick Park and Mark Burton (Madagascar, Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, Shaun the Sheep Movie)
- Screenplay by: Mark Burton
- Produced by: Claire Jennings (Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit and Coraline)